Live Blogging .. as I watch the Team Canada game on TSN .. the “other” blog site is down, so I will continue on this site in its entirety .. feel free to hit refresh to get new results! I am updating between ends
UPDATE: ALL SCORES ARE NOW FINAL …
Norway vs Sweden
END 1 – NOR 1, SWE 0
END 2 – NOR 1, SWE 0
END 3 – NOR 1, SWE 1
END 4 – NOR 2, SWE 1
END 5 – NOR 2, SWE 2
END 6 – NOR 3, SWE 2
END 7 – NOR 3, SWE 3
END 8 – NOR 3, SWE 4
END 9 – NOR 4, SWE 4
END 10 – NOR 4, SWE 5
FINAL: Sweden 5, Norway 4
Switzerland vs Canada
END 1 – SUI 0, CAN 0
END 2 – SUI 0, CAN 1
END 3 – SUI 3, CAN 1
END 4 – SUI 3, CAN 2
END 5 – SUI 4, CAN 2
END 6 – SUI 5, CAN 2
END 7 – SUI 5, CAN 4
END 8 – SUI 7, CAN 4
END 9 – SUI 7, CAN 5
END 10 – SUI 7, CAN 5
FINAL: Switzerland 7, Canada 5
~~~ Tidbits while I am live blogging ~~~~
* Team Canada is still eligible for the Bronze medal game .. against Norway .. while Switzerland and Sweden will play for the Gold and Silver medal game ..
* Well – it’s not over yet … One thing that I’ve always liked about Shannon Kleibrink, is the fact that she can always come and make the shots in the crunch. Counting 3 .. all she had to do was draw to the 4-foot for 1 … unfortunately, that’s all they were able to get .. if she made the shot -if she didn’t, the game would be over right now. She made it! but, does not have the hammer for the 10th end ..
* 9 End .. again .. doesn’t look good for Canada = at all.
* Nice shot by Mirjam Ott .. takes 2 .. she has the highest efficiency percentage of the two teams at the moment (bottom of the 8th) .. at 86%
Then.. Who’s Silent Bob?
* The FutonReport.net compares Team Canada’s skip Brad Gushue to Jason Mewes, who was “Jay” in the Jay and Silent Bob fame .. see it HERE although heads up was from over here. I think I would put Jamie Korab as Silent Bob… apparently, he collects shoes you know. That’s a reason enough to be silent! heh
Shannon’s got her groove!
* Last shot on the 7th to the button .. measuring the 2nd stone .. who’s got it? WE DO! WooHoo!
The cheering crowd
* It sounds like there is a good complement of civilized Swiss folks in the audience .. they don’t boo the opposing team Canada, and use Cowbells or limited durations during their cheers!
Speaking of Sweden
* Anette Norberg’s team is the reigning World Champions in women’s curling. Rhona Martin’s team of the Great Britain (who didn’t make the playoffs) were the 2002 Olympic champions, not the world champions. And at the moment .. Dordi Norby is ahead by one point..
* Miss was better than a mistake, only costed Team Canada 1 … but .. C’mon Gals! 7th end, down by 3 .. let’s go!
* Mirjam Ott (announcers are pronouncing it as Meer-ee-um) is making the shots .. afterwards, the TV camera hones in closer on Shannon Kleibrink’s face and her expression appears to be .. well // WOAH!~ almost made a great 1st shot in the 6th end .. THERE’s her smile back! haha .. close – will enjoy watching that on the replay
* If you wanted to add your two cents to this Live Blogging but was worried about posting while I am here, please don’t be! I’m typing these tidbits while I’m watching, but not updating it until both games have finished the same END or, something important had just happened .. Like this post :0
If you haven’t heard yet ..
* Chandra Crawford won GOLD in cross country skiing in the “Ladies Sprint” event. It was another disappointment for Beckie Scott – who (again) ended up in 4th place … even the commentator questioned why she moved from the outside lane where she worked her way up through out the qualifications to the final match – to the second lane. Oh well Beckie .. Way to go Chandra!
Efficiency percentages as at the end of the 5th end
* Canada vs Switzerland
Skip – CAN 70%, SUI 88%
3rd – CAN 70%, SUI 63%
2nd – CAN 65%, SUI 68%
lead – CAN 80%, SUI 73%
* Norway vs Sweden
Skip – NOR 83%, SWE 83%
3rd – NOR 80%, SWE 88%
2nd – NOR 95%, SWE 93%
lead – NOR 83%, SWE 73%
* Hmmm … did Sweden’s Anette Norberg throw her final game against the Russians, allowing Norway or Switzerland (both in action tonight) to finish first, thus dodging a particular team in the semis. .. suggested by the Curling News
* Team Switzerland not only makes their shots, but they are getting the ‘rolls’ … Amy Nixon seems to be the only one on Team Canada that are getting a roll
How’s Norway vs Sweden doing?
* I am not watching that game, but I can see the statistics after 4 ends .. I’ll update both games with the posted efficiency percentages after the 5th end, and we can compare notes!
* This game does look close and the lowest percentage at the end of the 4th for BOTH teams was .. 73%
How’s Team Canada doing so far?
* End 7 – STILL too much weight … but the ice isn’t curling as much on the right side of the TV screen .. as it does on the left side of the button
* End 4 – Improvement?
* End 3 – Both of Shannon Kleibrink’s shots (skip for CAN) seemed to have missed the broom with a little too much weight .. she’s 63% so far and Mirjam Ott (skip for SUI) is at 92% .. evident in the scoring
Efficiency of Team Canada vs Switzerland game
* I posted the efficiency percentages on a previous blog entry